Looking for a sweet way to dress up your Thanksgiving table? These colorful sugar cookie leaves are easy and sure to impress your friends and family! I originally saw similar cookies posted on Pinterest and I knew I had to give them a try.
All you need is your favorite sugar cookies dough and some food coloring (I used AmeriColor and Wilton gels). Country Living has a great tutorial with pictures.
1. Make your cookie dough (I used the recipe from Our Best Bites).
2. Divide your dough for each separate color. Knead in the food coloring.
3. Divide each ball of colored dough into multiple sections and scatter the colors on wax paper. Gently press the dough together (do not over mix the colors). Then roll the dough out to your desired thickness. Chill the dough until firm.
4. Cut leave shapes, draw vein impressions using a knife or toothpick, and bake according to your recipe’s directions.
5. Carefully combine the scrapes and roll again.
These cookies are fun to make with kids! My daughter loved playing with the colored dough! You could also make some pumpkins or apples to go along with the leaves.